We take the protection of your data very seriously and strictly adhere to the rules of the data protection laws. Personal data is collected on this website only to extent the technically necessary. Under no circumstances will the collected data be sold to third parties.
The following declaration gives an overview of how we guarantee this protection and the purposes for which we collect various data:
Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Data controller: Ehlermann Rindfleisch Gadow Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB (“ERG”), Ballindamm 26, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)40 – 374814 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 – 374814 30
The data protection officer at ERG is Mr Hanno Geißler and he can be contacted using the above information to the attention of Mr. Hanno Geißler or at DS@erg-legal.com.
Collection, type and storage of personal data and purpose of use
a) When visiting the ERG website
When you visit our website (www.erg-legal.com), the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called “log file”. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer;
• date and time of access;
• name and URL of the retrieved file;
• website from which access is made (referrer URL); and
• the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your terminal device and name of your access provider.
This data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
• ensuring a smooth connection of the website;
• ensuring convenient use of our website;
• evaluation of system security and stability; and
• other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sends the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided on the form voluntarily. The data obtained from the form will be processed for the purpose of responding to your contact in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been processed if further processing is not necessary.
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
• you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR;
• the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest warranting protection by not disclosing your data;
• in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR; or
• it is required for the processing of contractual relationships with you under Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
Information is stored in the cookie that relates to the particular device being used to visit our site. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
To optimize user-friendliness, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period. If you visit our site again to use our services, the cookies will automatically recognize that you have visited our site and the entries and settings you have previously used so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you may configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your device or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies may lead to you not being able to use all functions of our website.
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., for the purpose of tailoring our pages to meet your needs and continuously optimising them. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site such as
• browser type/version,
• operating system used,
• referrer URL (the previously visited page),
• host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
• time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used on the basis of Art. 6 (1) 1 (a) GDPR to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide further services associated with website use and internet use for market research purposes and to design this website in line with requirements.
This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of third parties. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from capturing data by clicking https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout An opt-out cookie is set to prevent your data from being collected in the future when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie applies only to this browser and only to our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Google Web Fonts
This page uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When a page is opened, a connection to the library operator is triggered and your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to Google’s servers. This gives Google knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offerings. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
Our website uses Google Maps to display our locations and to provide directions. This is a service provided by Google .
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Google guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
To enable the display of certain fonts on our website, a connection to the Google server in the USA is established whenever our website is accessed.
If you access the Google Maps components integrated into our website, Google will store a cookie on your device via your browser. Your user settings and data are processed to display our location and create a route description. We cannot prevent Google from using servers in the USA.
The legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in optimizing the functionality of our website.
By connecting to Google in this way, Google can determine from which website your request has been sent and to which IP address the directions are transmitted.
If you do not agree to this processing, you have the option of preventing the installation of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser. Further details can be found in the section about cookies above.
Rights of the data subjects
You have the right:
• to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of our processing, the category of personal data being processed, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on such information;
• in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or incomplete of personal data stored by us;
• to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
• in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
• where applicable under Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
• in accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future; and
• to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our office.
Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that your objection arises from your particular situation or the objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the symbol of a closed key or lock in the lower status bar of your browser.
We use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Date and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is valid and in force as of Mai 2019.
Due to the further development of our website and services or due to changes in legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can download the current data protection declaration at any time from our website at https://www.erg-legal.com/en/dataprotection.